DoctorE

Turtles all the way down

Texas Church Members Accused of Starving “Demon Possessed” Toddler Then Try to Resurrect Him

Posted by doctore0 on April 15, 2015

😦
A Texas couple fled to Mexico after a failed attempt to raise a starved toddler from the dead, police said. Officers received an anonymous tip March 26 that the 2-year-old boy had died nearly a week earlier but was not reported, according to NBC News. Police went to a Balch Springs home, which also operated as a church, where they were told a “rising ceremony” had been performed four days earlier in an attempt to resurrect him, the network reported.

The child’s body was taken to Mexico the next day by his parents and other members of the Congregacional Pueblo De Dios, police said.

Investigators have not yet located the parents or church congregants.

Video of the ceremony appears to show Aracely Meza, the church’s secretary, praying and speaking in tongues over the toddler’s body, which she anoints with oils, as other congregants gather around.

Meza, who is not the child’s mother, was charged with injury to a child by omission.

A woman who knew the boy’s mother said pastors believed the child was possessed by demons, and she said the boy went 25 days without food before he died.

2 Responses to “Texas Church Members Accused of Starving “Demon Possessed” Toddler Then Try to Resurrect Him”

  1. doctore0 said

    Like

  2. doctore0 said


    Aracely Meza claimed to perform miracles. The Balch Springs pastor said on her website and to her neighbors that God had helped her heal the sick, return movement to a paralyzed man and make her daughter grow instantly taller — one leg at a time.

    But on March 22, Meza would later admit to police, her supposed supernatural powers failed. In a ceremony, she tried unsuccessfully to resurrect a 2-year-old boy who died after she ordered food withheld from him for 25 days until he looked like an “alien” because he “had demons,” according to an arrest warrant affidavit.

    The boy and his parents were among eight adults and six children who authorities said lived in Meza’s home-based church, Iglesia Internacional Jesus es el Rey, in the 12300 block of Duke Drive.

    Five children, ages 1 to 13, from “several families” were moved from the home into foster care following Meza’s arrest, Texas Child Protective Services spokeswoman Marissa Gonzales said Wednesday.

    The agency was not previously involved with the household and is assisting in the search for the boy’s body and the parents, Gonzales said.
    Read more. http://www.dallasnews.com/news/community-news/garland-mesquite/headlines/20150415-5-kids-removed-from-home-where-toddler-died-parents-body-sought.ece

    Like

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

 
%d bloggers like this: